Media that are verifiably not available in the library can be ordered for a fee via interlibrary loan. To do so, please proceed as follows:
- Please check in the EDS Wissensportal, in the Catalogue or in AtoZ: List of Journals whether the publication you need is really not part of our collection.
- If your literature search was unsuccessful, please call up the item Interlibrary Loan in the catalogue.
- If you require a book or the copy of an individual chapter from a book, choose the sub-item Books/Media. If you require the copy of an article in a journal, choose the sub-item Periodicals. Please note that only individual journal articles can be ordered. Complete issues or years cannot be ordered.
- Please start your interlibrary loan. You will find directions here.
- As soon as your books have arrived in the library and are available to be taken out, we will notify you by E-mail.
- As a rule we receive the media within a period of 7 to 21 days.
- If media are available in the library but have been taken out or are part of the reference collection, the “Leihverkehrsordnung” (i.e. the rules of the library lending network) does not allow interlibrary loans. In such cases, please contact the library team to find a pragmatic solution.
- Interlibrary loans can generally not be renewed.